It’s that time of year again! Parents are getting their children ready to go back to school by gathering school supplies and obtaining their physical check-ups to start the school year.
Our children are always on our mind, and we get reminders from the school, their doctor’s office, etc. But when do you schedule a check-up for you?
Now is the perfect time to schedule your annual check-up. You may be asking if an annual wellness check-up is really necessary.
According to the American Medical Association, the purpose of a periodic health examination is used by physicians:
- As primary prevention
- To identify risk factors for common chronic diseases
- To detect disease that has no apparent symptoms (secondary prevention)
- As a way for the doctor to counsel people to promote healthy behavior
- To update clinical data since last checkup
- To enhance the relationship between you and your doctor
Remember folks, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!