A common thing we hear from clients when we complete a remodeling job is that they are of course very happy for the change to their home, but that now that the one room is done, the rest of the house looks so bland or dated. Here are some suggestions for inexpensive ways to spruce up the remaining rooms in your home until you are ready to begin your next remodeling project.
- Paint!!!! Painting a room can have a dramatic effect on the feel of a room. You can really get a big bang for your buck with a few cans of paint and a few hours of work!
- Change out fixtures. Do you still have that “brass and glass” light fixture in the dining room? Hey, the 1980’s called and they want it back. Changing light fixtures and plumbing fixtures, is another way to update a room dramatically without a huge hit to the pocketbook.
- Update your window treatments. Is it time to part with the country blue floral pattern that has been hanging in the window about 10 years past it’s prime? Updating window treatments and window hardware is another very easy way to bring a room up to date and refresh the look.
- Reframing pictures and artwork into updated frames and rearranging them in cohesive designs is always a fun and inexpensive way to change a look. Get creative!
- Is that couch still comfy but not so stylish? Add some new throw pillows and add a pop of color to the couch.
- Area rugs can help define a space and bring a fresh and updated look to a room.
These are just a few ways that you can keep your home looking fresh and up to date. Get some inspiration from home magazines and internet sites like http://www.houzz.com before you hit the stores. This will let you have a better idea of what items you need to look for and color schemes you might like for your space.