Clean and classic styling is the hottest trend in kitchen cabinetry right now, as value-conscious consumers seek simple yet elegant designs that will stand the test of time. Eco-friendly wood species are garnering attention, while custom options become increasingly available at multiple price points. Additionally, cabinet interior design is moving to the forefront as aging baby boomers seek greater accessibility and a more efficient use of space.
Below are some of the dominant trends in kitchen cabinetry:
- Clean lines and classic styles dominate today’s kitchen cabinet choices, with value, sustainability and organization key priorities among consumers.
- Maple and alder are popular wood choices, while bamboo and lyptus appeal to environmentally conscious consumers. For the more budget-minded shopper, laminates in wood grain patterns offer an appealing option.
- Interior storage accessories are more relevant than ever as they maximize cabinet space and accessibility – particularly critical as consumers increasingly decide to remodel within their kitchen’s existing footprint rather than expanding the space.
- Custom components are becoming more affordable, allowing consumers at all price points to create a more personalized look for their cabinetry. However, excessive ornamentation has fallen out of vogue, with cleaner styles that minimize clutter reflecting the new consumer mindset.
- Painted finishes are gaining in popularity, while contrasting paint and stained finishes in one kitchen is a great way to add visual interest and character.
- Consumers are showing greater awareness of green issues as the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association’s Environmental Stewardship Program grows in scope, yet the added cost to “going green” presents an obstacle that is difficult to overcome in a challenging economy.
We are the only distributor of Dewils cabinets in the Dallas Fort Worth area. We are also a distributor of Armstrong cabinets. We encourage you to set an appointment to come by our office and have a look at these two quality cabinet lines.