10 smart consumer electronic tips for the home environment
1. Wire for everything now…even wireless. If you are building or remodeling a home, start with a plan for future wiring needs. Wire is necessary to support wireless applications. While no one can guarantee what the future will look like, CEDIA professionals make it their business to stay current to offer expert advice about technologies on the horizon.
2. Insist on integrated systems. Make sure the electronic equipment you are buying can be hooked up together and operated with one, easy-to-use control system. Systems that communicate simplify your life and offer peace of mind by “watching over your home.
3. Integrate lighting and heating control. Going green meets convenience. Get the most out of your system with the least amount of energy consumption. System integration provides automatic energy-efficient adjustments, saving you time and money.
4. Think with your w3aalet, but lead with your head. Quality and long-term dependability are the most cost-effective attributes that you can build into a home.
5. Buy an experience, not a box. Find an electronic systems contractor that allows you to test-drive the entire system or at least experience the thrill of a high performance system. Few people have the time to research and evaluate all the hardware choices. It’s smarter to focus on the end result and make your choices based upon overall performance and value.
6. Simplify your controls. Easy to use, all-in-one remote controls are available for any system. You can even have them custom programmed so they make perfect sense to you. New technologies offer control from other devices and even through Internet browsers anywhere in the world.
7. Increase your expectations. Your home electronics system is a big investment and you deserve to be satisfied with it. CEDIA professionals will provide you with extensive options, comprehensive designs, complete installation and especially, in-home service for your systems.
8. Think “green.” By utilizing green practices, you can save money by having a more energy-efficient system and help save the planet. Ask a professional about how you can “go green” in your home.
9. Ensure the experts work together for you. Maximize your home’s electronic systems capabilities by having your architect, builder or remodeler, and interior designer collaborate and partner with an electronic systems contractor from the beginning of the planning process.
10. Consult a professional. Today’s integrated electronic systems grow, evolve and change over time, constantly adding entertainment, comfort and security features. Select an electronic integration needs for years. Having a long-term relationship with one professional will maximize the reliability and enjoyment of your home’s electronic systems. Find a CEDIA Certified Professional near you at http://www.cedia.org.